Good Day Gems-
Are you centered? Are you focused? Are you aligned?
Just checking on you…
Since our last conversation Couture Purpose “decided” to deliberately set our intentions in flowing with “resolve.” Take a moment and ask yourself are you “flowing” with “resolve?”
Next week we will dig deeper into flowing with “resolve…”
with object settle or find a solution to (a problem or contentious matter)
- Medicine with object (a symptom or condition) to heal or subside.
- no object (of a symptom or condition) heal or subside.
- Music (with reference to a discord) pass or cause to pass into a concord during the course of harmonic change.
no object ‘dissonant notes resolve conventionally by rising or falling to form part of a new chord’
with object ‘you would not want to resolve a melodic line on to the minor sixth interval’
Decide firmly on a course of action.
- with clause (of a legislative body or other formal meetings) make a decision by a formal vote.
with infinitive ‘the conference resolved to support an alliance’
Separate or cause to be separated into constituent parts or components.
with object ‘alpha-zein is often resolved into two major size components’
- resolve something into with object reduce a subject, statement, etc. by mental analysis into (separate elements or a more elementary form)
- Physics with object analyse (a force or velocity) into components acting in particular directions.
no object (of something seen at a distance) turn into a different form when seen more clearly.
- with object (of optical or photographic equipment) separate or distinguish between (closely adjacent objects)
- with object separately distinguish (peaks in a graph or spectrum).
- mass noun firm determination to do something.
- US A formal resolution by a legislative body or public meeting.